- Keith L. Moore, MSc, PhD, FIAC, FRSM, FAAA, Professor Emeritus, Division of Anatomy, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Former Professor and Head, Department of Anatomy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; Former Professor and Chairman, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada;
- T. V. N. Persaud, MD, PhD, DSc, FRCPath (Lond.), FAAA, Professor Emeritus and Former Head, Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science; Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health; Associate Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; Professor of Anatomy and Embryology, St. George’s University, Grenada, West Indies
- Mark G. Torchia, MSc, PhD, Associate Professor and Director of Development, Department of Surgery and Associate Professor, Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; Director of Advanced Technologies, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Before We Are Born: Essentials of Embryology and Birth Defects, by Drs. Keith L. Moore, T.V.N. Persaud, and Mark G. Torchia, allows you to efficiently and quickly assimilate the most important concepts related to this subject. Concise and richly illustrated, this popular book delivers the embryology knowledge you need in a highly efficient, reader-friendly manner. You can also access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com, along with 17 remarkable animations, downloadable illustrations, additional review questions and answers, and more.
New to This Edition
- Understand all of the latest advances in embryology, including normal and abnormal embryogenesis, causes of birth defects, and the role of genes in human development.
- See how discoveries in molecular biology have affected clinical practice, including the development of sophisticated new techniques such as recumbent DNA technology and stem cell manipulation.
- Prepare for the USMLE Step 1 with clinical case presentations, highlighted in special boxes, that demonstrate how embryology concepts relate to clinical practice.
- Access the full contents of the book online at www.studentconsult.com – as well as 17 remarkable animations that bring normal and abnormal embryological development to life, downloadable images, and hundreds of additional review questions and answers to test your mastery of the material.
- Focus on the most need-to-know information with coverage masterfully distilled from The Developing Human, 8th Edition – the more comprehensive and in-depth embryology textbook by Drs. Moore, Persaud, and Torchia.
- Study efficiently and flexibly thanks to the book’s user-friendly full-color format and portable size.
- Effectively prepare for exams with review questions and answers at the end of each chapter.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!