- Thomas L Lemke PhD, Associate Dean for Professional Programs and Professor of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- David A Williams PhD, Emeritus Professor of Chemistry, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Boston, MA
- Victoria F Roche PhD, Senior Associate Dean, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- S. W Zito PhD, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St. John’s University, Jamaica, NY
Acclaimed by students and instructors alike, Foye’s Principles of Medicinal Chemistry is now in its Seventh Edition, featuring updated chapters plus new material that meets the needs of today’s medicinal chemistry courses. This latest edition offers an unparalleled presentation of drug discovery and pharmacodynamic agents, integrating principles of medicinal chemistry with pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and clinical pharmacy.
All the chapters have been written by an international team of respected researchers and academicians. Careful editing ensures thoroughness, a consistent style and format, and easy navigation throughout the text.
- New! Membrane Drug Transporters chapter
- New! Nutrition and Obesity chapter
- Expanded Anesthetics chapter
- Abbreviations list includes full terms spelled out
- Clinical Scenarios: an initial scenario is introduced at the beginning of each chapter. Then, applying the material presented and drugs discussed in the chapter, an Outcome and Chemical Analysis of the Scenario is provided at the end of the chapter.
- Sidebar boxes provide additional information related to material discussed within the text.
- Clinical Significance boxes explain how chapter content is related to effective pharmaceutical care.
- Case Studies at the end of each chapter ask students to evaluate a patient and apply knowledge of medicinal chemistry to choose the most appropriate therapeutic option.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!