- Lesley Stevens, MB, BS, FRCPsych, Consultant Psychiatrist, Winchester and Eastleigh Healthcare NHS Trust, Winchester, UK
- Ian Rodin, BM MRCPsych, Consultant Psychiatrist Dorset Community Health Services, NHS Dorset, UK
* 2011 Winner – BMA Book Awards – Student Textbook – Psychiatry *
This innovative resource provides a highly visual introduction to the basic principles and practice of psychiatry. Each topic is covered in a single two-page unit to make reference and study uncommonly easy and effective. Abundant full-colour line diagrams, clinical photographs, and MRI images demonstrate essential concepts at a glance.
- Concise, double page spread permits rapid review of essential information
- Wide range of colour clinical photographs, MRI scans and artwork schematics
- Provides practical advice regarding patient care
- Covers modern pharmacological treatment of psychiatric disorders
- Contains useful ‘key point’ boxes to highlight essential information
New to This Edition
- Expanded section on recent advances in psychopharmacology, particularly in the treatment of psychosis
- Covers the new Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act
- Discusses the increasing role of psychotherapy in psychiatric disturbance
- Provides a useful summary of the DSM-IV classification alongside that of the ICD-10 to enable fast comparison between the two classification systems
- Summarises recent changes in NICE guidelines
- Includes a new section on eponymous psychiatric disorders e.g. de Clérambault’s and Cotard’s syndromes.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!