- Warren Levinson, MD, PhD, Professor of Microbiology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California
The most concise, easy-to-use, and frequently updated review of the medically important aspects microbiology and immunology
Essential for USMLE and medical microbiology course exam preparation, Review of Medical Microbiology, 12e provides a high-yield review of the basic and clinical aspects of bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, and immunology. The book emphasizes the real-world clinical application of microbiology and immunology to infectious diseases and offers a unique mix of narrative text, color images, tables and figures, Q&A, and clinical cases.
Everything you need to put your USMLE and course exam preparation on the fast track:
- 654 USMLE-style practice questions test your knowledge and understanding
- 50 clinical cases illustrate the importance of basic science information in clinical diagnosis
- A complete USMLE-style practice exam consisting of 80 questions
- Pearls for the USMLE impart important basic science information helpful in answering questions on the USMLE
- Self-assessment questions with answers appear at the end of each chapter
- 50 color images show classic clinical lesions to aid in the diagnosis of infectious diseases
- 18 color images depict the life cycles of important protozoa and worms
- Concise summaries of medically important microorganisms are presented together in a separate to facilitate comparison of organisms
- Numerous tables and figures encapsulate important information
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!