- Gerhard Meisenberg, PhD, Course Director Medical Biochemistry, Ross University, Dominica, West Indies
- William H. Simmons, PhD, Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, Illinois
Principles of Medical Biochemistry condenses the information you need into a comprehensive, focused, clinically-oriented textbook. Drs. Gerhard Meisenberg and William H. Simmons covers the latest developments in the field, including genome research, the molecular basis of genetic diseases, techniques of DNA sequencing and molecular diagnosis, and more. An updated and expanded collection of figures and access to the fully searchable text, USMLE test questions, clinical case studies, more online at www.studentconsult.com make this the ideal resource for understanding all aspects of biochemistry needed in medicine.
New to This Edition
- Tap into the most up-to-date coverage of new developments in genome research, the molecular basis of genetic diseases, techniques of DNA sequencing and molecular diagnosis, RNA interference as a mechanism both for regulation of gene expression and for anti-viral defense, and more.
- Gain a clear visual understanding through new and updated figures that provide current and relevant guidance.
- Make the link between basic science and clinical medicine with new Clinical Example boxes in nearly every chapter.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.studentconsult.com, along with downloadable illustrations, 150 USMLE-style test questions, 20 clinical case studies, chapter summaries, and integration links to related subjects.
- Understand biochemistry, cell biology, and genetics together in context through an integrated approach.
- Get only the information you need for your course with comprehensive yet focused coverage of relevant topics.
- Review and reinforce your learning using the glossary of technical terms, highlighted in the text and with interactive features online.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!