Mehdi Razzaghi-abyaneh; Masoomeh Shams-ghahfarokhi; Mahendra Rai
- Deals with current topics like mold allergy, fungal bio-films, and clinical aspects of fungi like Curvularia and Bipolaris
- Incorporates global contribution by top authorities of the world
- Includes current methods of identification of commercially important fungi, such as PCR and Mald-Tof
- Discusses Paracoccidioidomycosis, Onychomycosis, Sporotrichosis, and other emerging infections by fungi
- Covers past present and future of medical mycology with most topics
The identification of medically important fungi has been an important area of study that warrants further extensive research. The use oftraditional and molecular methods of identification, provides new insights into differentiation of species and ultimately the line of treatment can be determined. This book incorporates a diverse group of medically important fungi and diseases, including common dermatophytes, onychomycosis, Coccidiomycosis, Paracoccidioidomycosis, Mycotic keratitis, Sporotrichosis, Histoplasmosis and determination of identity of medically important fingi by uising modern techniques such as PCH and the use of MALDI-TOF: as a rapid and new approach in fungal diagnosis and differentiation.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!