by V Alagarsamy
Dr Alagarsamy’s Textbook of Medicinal Chemistry is a much-awaited masterpiece in its arena. Targeted mainly to B. Pharm. students, this book will also be useful for M. Pharm. as well as M. Sc. organic chemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry students. It aims at eliminating the inadequacies in teaching and learning of medicinal chemistry by providing enormous information on all the topics in medicinal chemistry of synthetic drugs.
- Contains clear classification, synthetic schemes, mode of action, metabolism, assay, pharmacological uses with the dose and structure-activity relationship (SAR) of the following classes of drugs:
- Drugs acting on inflammation
- Drugs acting on respiratory system
- Drugs acting on digestive system
- Drugs acting on blood and blood-forming organs
- Drugs acting on endocrine system
- Contains a complete section on chemotherapy and the various classes of chemotherapeutic agents. Also includes recent topics like anti-HIV agents
- Contains brief introduction about the physiological and pathophysiological conditions of diseases and their treatment under each topic
- Provides well-illustrated synthetic schemes and alternative synthetic routes for majority of drugs that help in quick and enhanced understanding of the subject
- Covers the syllabi of majority of Indian universities
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!