- Barbara Young, BSc, Med Sci (Hons), PhD, MB, BChir, MRCP, FRCPA, Consultant Pathologist, North Glasgow University Hospitals NHS Trust, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK;
- James S. Lowe, BMedSci, BMBS, DM, FRCPath, Professor of Neuropathology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Honorary Consultant Pathologist, Queen’s Medical Centre, University Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK;
- Alan Stevens, MBBS, FRCPath, Senior Lecturer in Pathology, University of Nottingham Medical School and Honorary Consultant Pathologist, Queen’s Medical Centre, University Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK;
- John W. Heath, BSc, Hons(Melbourne), PhD, (Melbourne), Associate Professor in Anatomy, The University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
This best-selling atlas contains over 900 images and illustrations to help you learn and review the microstructure of human tissues. The book starts with a section on general cell structure and replication. Basic tissue types are covered in the following section, and the third section presents the microstructures of each of the major body systems. The highest -quality color light micrographs and electron micrograph images are accompanied by concise text and captions which explain the appearance, function, and clinical significance of each image. The accompanying website lets you view all the images from the atlas with a “virtual microscope”, allowing you to view the image at a variety of pre-set magnifications.
New to This Edition
- Includes access to website containing book images and additional material, extra illustrations, self tests, and more.
- Utilizes “virtual microscope” function on the website, allowing you to see images first in low-powered and then in high powered magnification.
- Incorporates new information on histology of bone marrow, male reproductive system, respiratory system, pancreas, blood, cartilage, muscle types, staining methods, and more.
- Uses Color coding at the side of each page to make it easier to access information quickly and efficiently.
- Includes access to www.studentconsult.com — where you’ll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable · “Integration Links” to bonus content in other STUDENT CONSULT titles · 300 new USMLE-style review questions, with answers and rationales · content clipping for handheld devices · an interactive community center with a wealth of additional resources · and much more!
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!