- Aviva Petrie, Caroline Sabin
Medical Statistics at a Glance is a concise and accessible introduction and revision aid for this complex subject. The self-contained chapters explain the underlying concepts of medical statistics and provide a guide to the most commonly used statistical procedures.
This new edition of Medical Statistics at a Glance:
- Presents key facts accompanied by clear and informative tables and diagrams
- Focuses on illustrative examples which show statistics in action, with an emphasis on the interpretation of computer data analysis rather than complex hand calculations
- Includes extensive cross-referencing, a comprehensive glossary of terms and flow-charts to make it easier to choose appropriate tests
- Now provides the learning objectives for each chapter
- Includes a new chapter on Developing Prognostic Scores
- Includes new or expanded material on study management, multi-centre studies, sequential trials, bias and different methods to remove confounding in observational studies, multiple comparisons, ROC curves and checking assumptions in a logistic regression analysis
- The companion website at www.medstatsaag.com contains supplementary material including an extensive reference list and multiple choice questions (MCQs) with interactive answers for self-assessment.
Medical Statistics at a Glance will appeal to all medical students, junior doctors and researchers in biomedical and pharmaceutical disciplines.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!