- Barbara H. Estridge Auburn University
- Anna P. Reynolds Auburn University
BASIC CLINICAL LABORATORY TECHNIQUES, Sixth Edition teaches prospective laboratory workers and allied health care professionals the basics of clinical laboratory procedures and the theories behind them. Performance-based to maximize hands-on learning, this “work-text” includes step-by-step instruction and worksheets to help users understand laboratory tests and procedures ranging from specimen collection and analysis, to instrumentation and CLIA and OSHA safety protocols. Students and working professionals alike will find BASIC CLINICAL LABORATORY TECHNIQUES an easy-to-understand, reliable resource for developing and refreshing key laboratory skills.
- Full-color photographs and illustrations depict the laboratory setting today and aid in visual organization.
- Colorful graphic icons and in-text features center on safety precautions, critical timing, math skills, quality assurance, and other important issues.
- Suggested web-based activities and numerous review questions throughout the book reinforce readings and laboratory practice worksheets to let users assess their progress.
- Since safety is always a priority in clinical settings, these procedures are strongly emphasized throughout the lessons, particularly the safety devices, procedures, and technologies that prevent needle-stick injury.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!