- Chris Brooker, BSc, MSc, RGN, SCM, RNT, Author and Lecturer, Norfolk, UK
The 75th anniversary edition of this dictionary has been greatly expanded, with 35% more entries to include terminology in fast-changing areas such as critical care, nutrition, sports and exercise, and oncology. Illustrations have also been included for the first time.
New to This Edition
- More than 3,000 new entries present the latest terminology in radiography, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, nutrition, optometry, paramedical terms, pharmacology, sports rehabilitation, anatomical terms, and more.
- Over 150 2-color illustrations visually reinforce definitions.
- A companion DVD includes:
- A spellchecker tool you can upload to your computer to ensure accuracy when typing medical terms.
- Full-color illustrations of the major body systems presented in labeled and unlabeled formats so you can test your identification skills and verify your knowledge.
- 30 additional color photographs that help you identify selected conditions.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Algorithms that reflect the latest resuscitation guidelines
- Links to additional sources of information.
- Reliable, easy-to-read definitions for more than 12,000 terms.
- A full-color section that illustrates the body systems in vivid detail.
- An extensive array of appendices that provide quick access to important information.
- A concise, compact format that ensures portability and ease-of-use.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!