- Connie R. Mahon, MS, MT(ASCP), CLS, Director, Staff College, Center for Veterinary Medicine, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD; Adjunct Faculty, Department of Clinical Laboratory Sciences, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, The George Washington University, Washington DC
- Donald C. Lehman, EdD, MT(ASCP), SM(NRM), Associate Professor, Department of Medical Technology, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, USA
- George Manuselis, Jr., MA, MT(ASCP), Emeritus, Medical Technology Division, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH; Adjunct Faculty, Department of Natural Sciences and Forensic Science, Central Ohio Technical College, Newark, OH, USA
Providing a solid introduction to the essentials of diagnostic microbiology, this accessible, full-color text helps you develop the problem-solving skills necessary for success in the clinical setting. A reader-friendly, “building block” approach to microbiology moves progressively from basic concepts to advanced understanding, guiding you through the systematic identification of etiologic agents of infectious diseases.
New to This Edition
- New content addresses bone and joint infections, genital tract infections, and nosocomial infections.
- Significantly updated chapter includes current information on molecular biology and highlights content on multidrug resistant bacteria.
- Reorganized chapters accent the most relevant information about viruses and parasites that are also transmissible to humans.
- Case studies on the Evolve site let you apply the information that you learn to realistic scenarios encountered in the laboratory.
- Building block approach encourages recall of previously learned information, enhancing your critical and problem solving skills.
- Case in Point feature introduces case studies at the beginning of each chapter.
- Issues to Consider encourages you to analyze and comprehend the case in point.
- Key Terms provide a list of the most important and relevant terms in each chapter.
- Objectives give a measurable outcome to achieve by completing the material.
- Points to Remember summarize and help clearly identify key concepts covered in each chapter.
- Learning assessment questions evaluate how well you have mastered the material.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!