- Derek G. Waller, BSc, DM, MBBS, FRCP, Consultant Cardiovascular Physician, Southampton General Hospital; Senior Lecturer in Medicine and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK;
- Andrew G. Renwick, OBE, BSc, PhD, DSc, Emeritus Professor of Biochemical Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, UK
- Keith Hillier, BSc, PhD, DSc, Senior Lecturer in Pharmacology, University of Southampton Medical School, Southampton, UK
This book covers all the pharmacology you need, from basic science pharmacology and pathophysiology, through to clinical pharmacology to therapeutics, in line with the integrated approach of new medical curricula. The first section covers the basic principles, and the rest is organised by body systems. The book ends with sections on toxicity and prescribing practice.
New to This Edition
- Kinetics chapter simplified with more practical examples
- Includes more on genetic issues
- Drug tables made more concise to make information more accessible
- Fully updated to reflect current clinical practice
- Integrates basic science pharmacology, clinical pharmacology and therapeutics
- Brief review of pathophysiology of major diseases
- Case histories and self-assessment questions (and answers)
- Tabular presentation of all common drugs within each class
- Section on further reading
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!