- Lynne Shore Garcia
Diagnositc Medical Parasitology, a major reference now in its fifth edition, reviews the dramatic changes that have occurred since the publication of the previous edition. Unique in the field, this revised volume covers human and medical parasitology and provides comprehensive, relevant diagnostic methods in one package.
Authored by an acknowledged expert with many years of practical experience as a medical technologist and as a member of the teaching group at UCLA, this edition includes significantly updated material and introduces new features. A chapter covering medical case histories has been added as well as many spectacular figures. Summary tables have been augmented and appropriately updated. Newly recognized parasites are incorporated, improved diagnostic methods are discussed, relevant regulatory requirements are covered, and expanded sections detailing artifact material and histological diagnosis are included.
The logical organization and the format of previous editions have been retained in the fifth edition of Diagnostic Medical Parasitology. The first section of the book presents complete information on individual parasites and provides information related to life cycles, morphology, disease presentations in the immunocompetent and compromised patient, diagnosis, treatment, epidemiology, and prevention. The second section offers clear and complete diagnostic procedures for use in the clinical microbiology laboratory, describing traditional and rapid techniques used for parasite detection and identification.
- Provides in one volume both extensive information about human parasitology and comprehensive diagnostic methods
- Includes a review of over 3,000 papers published since the release of the previous edition and “late-breaking” information from current publications
- Offers a section containing medical case histories
- Features a greatly expanded section covering histological diagnosis
- Presents rich figures and summary tables
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!