- Leonard R. Johnson, Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Fayez K. Ghishan, Department of Pediatrics, Steele Children’s Research Center, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona, USA
- Jonathan D. Kaunitz, Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, and West Los Angeles VA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Juanita L. Merchant, Departments of Internal Medicine and Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
- Hamid M. Said, Departments of Medicine and Physiology/Biophysics, University of California, Irvine, California, and VA Medical Center-151, Long Beach, California, USA
- Jackie D. Wood, Departments of Physiology and Cell Biology and Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio, USA
With updated, four-color illustrations for the best visual representation of current findings in gastroenterology and the most recent advances in cellular and molecular biology, stem cell development and research, the fifth edition of Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract will continue to be the foremost publication in gastointestinal physiology.
The gastrointestinal system is responsible for the breakdown and absorption of various foods and liquids needed to sustain life. Other diseases and disorders treated by clinicians in this area include: food allergies, constipation, chronic liver disease and cirrhosis, gallstones, gastritis, GERD, hemorrhoids, IBS, lactose intolerance, pancreatic, appendicitis, celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, peptic ulcer, stomach ulcer, viral hepatitis, colorectal cancer and liver transplants.Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract, 5/e covers the study of the mechanical, physical, and biochemical functions of the GI Tract while linking the clinical disease or disorder, bridging the gap between clinical and laboratory medicine.
The new edition is a highly referenced and useful resource for gastroenterologists, physiologists, internists, professional researchers, and instructors teaching courses for clinical and research students.
- Discusses the multiple processes governing gastrointestinal function
- Each section edited by preeminent scientist in the field
- Updated, four-color illustrations
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!