- Grace C. H. Yang, Clinical Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, USA
This practical text and color atlas tells the story of 350 patients, covering a wide range of thyroid lesions with high quality composite images that correlate cytology with histology, and radiology with pathology. Each case includes clinical presentation and final pathology. Concise, easy-to-read text enables readers to quickly find the information they need for accurate diagnosis. ‘Lookalike’ lesions are grouped together so the subtle cytological differences can be appreciated. The author’s practical approach explains mistakes made and lessons learned, so diagnostic pitfalls can be avoided. Logarithmic triage diagrams are provided, as well as over 2000 printed photomicrographs and a CD-ROM offering images in downloadable format. Written by a leading cytopathologist who has performed onsite assessment for over 10,000 ultrasound-guided thyroid fine needle aspirations, this is an important resource for all healthcare professionals dealing with thyroid patients, including cytopathologists, surgical pathologists, cytotechnologists, sonographers, radiologists, endocrinologists and surgeons.
- Describes 350 case studies chosen from over 10,000 thyroid FNAs, so that readers learn from real experience
- Richly illustrated with over 2000 composite images, correlating ultrasound with pathology, and cytology with histology
- Each case includes clinical presentation and final pathology, with ‘lookalike’ lesions grouped together so the subtle cytological differences can be appreciated
- Mistakes made and lessons learned are shared with the readers, so diagnostic pitfalls can be avoided
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!