- Stanley J. Robboy, MD, FCAP, Professor and Vice Chairman, Department of Pathology, Chief, Division of Diagnostic Services, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- George L. Mutter, MD, Associate Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Division of Women’s and Perinatal Pathology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Jaime Prat, MD, PhD, FRCPath, Professor and Chairman of Pathology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain; Visiting Professor of Pathology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
- Rex Bentley, MD, Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Peter Russell, MD, FRCPA, Professor of Pathology and Director, Department of Anatomical Pathology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia
- Malcolm C. Anderson, FRCPath, FRCOG, Emeritus Consultant Histopathologist, Department of Histopathology, University Hospital, Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
This critically acclaimed book has been thoroughly revised and updated to bring you state-of-the-art assistance in diagnosing pathologies of the female reproductive tract. It covers more than 1100 common, rare, benign, and malignant lesions, and tackles the questions so often asked and not answered elsewhere. All entities are illustrated by well-chosen photographs of outstanding quality. The updated text provides the latest advances in immunohistochemistry, molecular biology, and cytogenetics, as well as the most current concepts, classification and staging systems for all diseases and disorders of the female genital tract. “Road maps” at the beginning of each chapter help you navigate the book more quickly. You’ll have everything you need to effectively diagnose and confidently sign out gynecologic and obstetric reports.
New to This Edition
- Features a “Road map” at the beginning of each chapter to help you navigate and access the material more quickly.
- Provides you with the latest advances in immunohistochemistry to reflect the development of reliable techniques.
- Covers cytology more extensively, including cytologic/histologic correlations, additional cytologic images, and additional material on differential diagnosis to reflect modern diagnostic practice.
- Includes the latest classification and staging systems for all diseases and disorders of the female genital tract, so you can provide the referring physicians with the most accurate and up-to-date diagnostic and prognostic indicators possible.
- Uses more bullet points, diagnostic flowcharts, decision-making algorithms, and summary tables to make it even easier to find what you need.
- Covers all benign and malignant disorders of the female genital tract to provide you with a comprehensive resource for use in the reporting room or in formal study.
- Offers a complete visual guide to each tumor or tumor-like lesion to assist you in the recognition and diagnosis of any tissue sample under the microscope with over 2500 high-quality, full-color illustrations.
- Provides expert advice on how to avoid diagnostic errors with practical advice on pitfalls in differential diagnosis.
- Integrates histopathologic features with data from ancillary techniques such as immunohistochemistry and cytogenetics and discussions of the relevant clinical manifestations of gynecological diseases to provide you with the necessary tools to make a comprehensive diagnostic workup.
- Features summary tables, diagnostic flow charts, and analytic tables to facilitate rapid interpretation and accurate diagnosis.
- Approaches definitions, clinical features, gross features, microscopic features, and differential diagnosis consistently and uniformly for quick and easy access to the information you need.
- Readers praise its readability and practicality for both daily and reference use by both the novice and experienced pathologist.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!