- Harold Fox, MD, FRCPath, FRCOG, Emeritus Professor of Reproductive Pathology, Department of Pathological Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
- Neil Sebire, MB, BS, FRCPath, Consultant Pathologist, Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, London, UK
Now in its third edition, this “benchside” reference provides you with a structured diagnostic approach to the features of the placenta most commonly encountered in the investigation of adverse fetal outcomes. Inside, you’ll find detailed disussions on cytogenetics and molecular biology as well as the latest developments in coagulopathy, infections, chorioamnionitis, preeclampsia, trophoblastic disease, and twin pregnancies among others. Plus, a new format facilitates information retrieval and new color clinical and pathologic images help you recognize and disagnose lesions better than ever.
New to This Edition
- Increase your diagnostic acumen with new and expanded topics such as apoptosis in the normal and pathological placenta, pathogenesis of miscarrage, placental infections (especially malaria and HIV), chorioanmionitis with special reference to its role in cerebral palsy, preeclampsia, gestational trophoblastic disease, medico-legal aspects of the placenta, and much more.
- Perform a complete diagnostic workup with detailed coverage of molecular biology, immunohistochemisrty, and cytogenetics.
- Diagnose confidently with the addition of full-color images throughout.
- Find the the information you need quickly thanks to a new user-friendly format, including bullet points, summary tables, and take-home messages.
- Access the most authoritative and effective diagnostic help with step-by-step guidance on placental examination techniques.
- Get the clinical information you need without superfluous details.
- Create better reports or prepare for exams with comprehensive coverage of all benign and malignant disorders of placental abnormalities.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!