- Paul Rutter, BPharm MRPharmS PhD, Department of Pharmacy, University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton, UK
Completely revised and updated throughout, this new edition of the best-selling title in community pharmacy continues to provide an essential reference for undergraduate and pre-registration pharmacy trainees.
New to this Edition
- New sections on menstrual bleeding and weight loss.
- Clearly structured by basic anatomy, history-taking and body system.
- Fully illustrated throughout.
- Boxes throughout: trigger points indicative of referral; hints and tips.
- Tables throughout: differential diagnosis (key questions for each condition); evidence-based OTC medication; practical prescribing; product selection.
- Self-assessment questions at the end of each chapter.
- Expanded case studies at the end of each chapter
- Covers all the most common conditions and gives evidence to back up over-the-counter (OTC) recommendations.
- Puts the presenting symptoms into the primary-care context.
- Suggests which questions to ask to narrow down the possible diagnoses.
- Gives schematic summaries of how to arrive at a diagnosis.
- Evidence-based boxes as a guide for OTC medication.
- Practical prescribing summary tables.
- Hints and tips boxes for product use.
- Self-assessment sections.
- Case studies at the end of chapters.
- Colour images of important conditions.
- Chapter on specific product requests.
- Useful websites.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!