- Ruth Woodrow, RN, MA, Medical Consultant for Education and Infection Control, Senior Friendship Centers, Inc., Health Services, Sarasota, Florida, Former Director, Staff Development, Plymouth Harbor, Inc., Sarasota, Florida, Former Instructor, Pharmacology, Coordinator, Continuing Education, Sarasota County Technical Institute, Sarasota, Florida
- Bruce J. Colbert, MS, RRT, Director of Allied Health, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
- David M. Smith, RPh, MS, President, Westcoast Pharmacy Consultants, Bradenton, Florida, Consultant Pharmacist, Mediserv Pharmacy Services, LLC, Sarasota, Florida, Former Director of Pharmacy, Bon Secours-Venice , Hospital and Health Care System, Venice, Florida
Essentials of Pharmacology for Health Occupations, 6th Edition provides an extensive framework of drug information in a concise format for learners studying licensed practical nursing, medical assisting and other allied health professions. Learn calculations quickly through a simplified step-by-step process. Discover key drug information by classifications, such as their purpose, side effects, cautions, and interactions, or utilize this resource to refresh your knowledge of drugs. The accompanying CD-ROM helps learners master pharmacology through quizzes, games, and case studies with immediate feedback and medication administration techniques and safety video clips. Open this resource now and see how easy learning pharmacology can be.
New to this Edition
- NEW Studyware Connection directs learner to additional learning opportunities such as quizzes, case studies, medication administration techniques and safety videos, drug label exercises, and other interactive games included on the accompanying Studyware CD-ROM
- NEW quizzes with NCLEX-style questions and an audio library of generic and trade name drugs and general pharmacology terms are featured on the accompanying Studyware CD-ROM
- The most common and/or most important side effects of drugs are highlighted with a special icon that serves as a valuable guide for learners.
- Patient Education is summarized and highlighted for each classification of drugs. These special boxes will assist health care workers to instruct patients on and answer questions about the medications they are taking.
- Case Studies stimulate critical thinking through the presentation of reality-based situations regarding drug usage.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!