- Carol-Ann Courneya PhD Associate Professor, Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Michael J Parker MD Assistant Professor of Medicine Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Senior Interactive Media Architect Center for Educational Technology Havard Medical School
- Richard M Schwartzstein MD Ellen and Melvin Gordon Professor of Medicine and Medical Education Director, Harvard Medical School AcademyVice President for Education and Director, Carl J. Shapiro Institute for Education Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Cardiovascular Physiology: A Clinical Approach covers the essentials of cardiovascular physiology for medical students, residents, nurses, and allied health professionals. This book is the second in The Integrated Physiology Series, a sequence of monographs that review physiology in a clinically meaningful way. The accessibility and conversational tone of the text offset the difficult and intimidating nature of the subject. Detailed illustrations and accompanying online animated figures help students truly understand key cardiovascular concepts most relevant for the care of patients. Learning objectives, thought questions, clinical cases, and USMLE-style review questions round out the teaching elements that challenge students and help them master the material.
A companion website includes the fully searchable text and 40 animated figures.
- “Learning Objectives” at the beginning of each chapter help students focus on the most critical concepts and physiological principles presented
- Key terms boldfaced at their first appearance in a chapter, and defined in the glossary
- “Thought Questions” challenge students to use the material just presented in the text in a novel fashion
- “Putting It Together” sections at the end of each chapter offer clinical scenarios to highlight key concepts
- “Editor’s Integration” boxes throughout the text help reinforce knowledge and illustrate further the ways in which physiology can be integrated
- Animated figures on a companion website give students the opportunity to view a physiological principle in motion or to manipulate variables and see the physiological consequences of the changes
- Tables and boxed lists provide summaries of information outlined in the text
- Clinical correlations are integrated throughout the text
- End-of-chapter USMLE-style questions
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!