- Syed Z. Ali, Professor of Pathology and Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine; Director, Division of Cytopathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, USA
- Grace C. H. Yang, Profess or of Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell Univers ity, New York, USA
Series: Cytohistology Of Small Tissue Samples
Each volume in this richly illustrated series, sponsored by the Papanicolaou Society of Cytopathology, provides an organ-based approach to the cytological and histological diagnosis of small tissue samples. Benign, pre-malignant and malignant entities are presented in a well-organized and standardized format, with high-resolution color photomicrographs, tables, tabulated specific morphologic criteria and appropriate ancillary testing algorithms. Example vignettes allow the reader to assimilate the diagnostic principles in a case-based format. This volume provides comprehensive coverage of lung and mediastinal cytopathology. It presents a correlation of findings from fine-needle aspiration and exfoliative cytology and histologic findings obtained via core needle biopsies and surgical specimens. With a focus on malignant tumors, the full spectrum of inflammatory disorders, infectious diseases, hyperplasias and benign tumor or tumor-like lesions are also covered in detail. With over 500 printed photomicrographs and a CD-ROM offering all images in a downloadable format, this is an important resource for all anatomic pathologists.
- Covers findings from the light microscope, correlative radiological findings, and immunohistochemical, genetic, molecular and other diagnostic modalities
- Richly illustrated with over 500 high-quality colour images, and a CD-ROM contains all images in a downloadable format
- Discusses the full spectrum of inflammatory disorders, infectious diseases and hyperplasias, with a focus on malignant tumors
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!