- David L Rimoin†, Steven Spielberg Chair & Director, Medical Genetics Institute, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Reed E Pyeritz, William Smilow Professor of Medicine, Departments of Medicine and Genetics, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Bruce R Korf, Wayne H and Sara Crews Finley Chair in Medical Genetics, Professor and Chair, Department of Genetics and Director, Heflin Center for Genomic Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Comprehensive yet user-friendly, this original work concisely summarizes Emery & Rimoin’s Principles and Practices of Medical Genetics 6th edition into a single clinical reference volume suitable for lab and desk usage
For decades, Emery and Rimoin’s Principles and Practice of Medical Genetics has provided the ultimate source for practicing clinicians to learn how the study of genetics can be integrated into practice. Developed in parallel to the sixth edition, and featuring 174 original contributions from the many authors of the full set, this one volume work expertly condenses and synthesizes the most clinically relevant content, for convenient desk reference.
Helping to bridge the gap between high-level molecular genetics and individual application, it follows the multi-volume set in encompassing scientific fundamentals, full spectrum discussion of major inherited disorders, and actionable therapies. Clinically oriented information is supported by concise descriptions of the principles of genetics, research approaches, and analytics to embrace the evolving population of students, researchers, and practitioners who are integrating their work to provide advanced diagnosis, prevention and treatment of human disease.
This print volume is complemented and enhanced with online access to the complete text, online-only references, and high quality illustrations on www.expertconsult.com.
- Features 174 summarized contributions concisely discussing advances in cancer genetics, genomic technologies, and molecular genetics
- Contains hundreds of full colour illustrations supporting users with identification, concept illustration, and method processing
- Enhanced with full text online access, high quality illustrations, and online-only references at www.expertconsult.com
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!