- Hernani D. Cualing, MD, Associate Professor, Department of Pathology and Cell Biology, University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Medical Director, IHCFLOW, Inc., Lutz, FL
- Parul Bhargava, MD, Assistant Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Medical Director, Hematology, Coagulation & Flow Cytometry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Ramon L. Sandin, MD, Professor, Oncological Sciences & Pathology, University of South Florida, Medical Director, Clinical Microbiology & Virology, Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL
Most books on hematopathology are neoplastic in scope and offer little non-neoplastic content. In Non-Neoplastic Hematopathology and Infections, the authors fully describe the hematologic manifestations in tissue and blood of infectious agents, including many rare and exotic diseases found in both Western and Eastern hemispheres, in order to assist pathologists and medical laboratory professionals all over the world in better diagnosing and treating such infections.
Thoroughly illustrated with photographs, tables and text, this book features a wide range of non-neoplastic hematologic disorders, as well as reactive patterns of non-infectious and infectious agents. Comprehensive and state-of-the-art diagnostic materials are described, as are the epidemiology, pathobiology, clinical and pathologic manifestations in blood and lymphatic organs—as well as the approaches to treatment.
In addition, Non-Neoplastic Hematopathology and Infections:
- Contains detailed information on the pathology and patterns of blood, lymph node, and a number of bone marrow and splenic infections and infectious agent manifestations
- Thoroughly updates the classic pathology of reactive lymphadenopathies and extends this pattern-based approach to tropical and emergent infections
- Promotes the multidisciplinary integration of hematopathologists and microbiologists in the analysis and diagnostic work-up of tissue and blood
- Complements current major treatises on such tropical diseases as Manson’s, Ashworth’s, and Doerr’s and updates the classic tomes of William St. Clair Symmers and current texts on neoplastic hematopathology
Non-Neoplastic Hematopathology and Infections is an important book for any medical professional interested in non-neoplastic hematology, infections and tissue hematopathology, infectious diseases and tropical medicine, and tropical hematopathology.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!