- Ben Pansky PhD, MD, Professor Emeritus, Department of Surgery, University of Toledo College of Medicine and Life Sciences, Toledo, OH
- Thomas R. Gest PhD, Professor of Anatomy, Division of Clinical Anatomy, Department of Radiology, University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
Another installment in the three-volume Lippincott’s Concise Illustrated Anatomy series, Thorax, Abdomen & Pelvis supports medical students as well as others studying anatomy—such as students in physician assistant and general surgery programs—or seeking a specialty reference for the clerkship years and beyond. Each volume in the series includes outline text to accompany full-color, atlas-style images and illustrations from sources such as the Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Atlas of Anatomy. The unique regional focus of the series facilitates teaching and learning in semester or year-long anatomy systems blocks.
In addition to Thorax, Abdomen & Pelvis, two additional volumes in the series—Head & Neck and Back, Upper Limb & Lower Limb—cover other regions in depth.
- Outline format balances concise text with comprehensive, detailed artwork for quick and efficient comprehension
- Hundreds of full-color, atlas-style illustrations are carefully placed in close relation to relevant text for easy reference
- Logical regional sequence reveals continuity among anatomical structures and components; chapters progress inward from superficial layers of the body to deep structures
- Clinical Considerations highlight much sought-after clinically relevant information
- Detailed tables are distributed at key points throughout chapters
- Chapter-opening outlines facilitate topic location
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!