- Peter A Humphrey MD, PhD Professor, Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Louis P Dehner MD Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- John D Pfeifer MD, PhD Associate Professor, Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Presented in the renowned, fast-access format of other Washington Manual® titles, this excellent book is a practical guide to the clinical practice of surgical pathology. This valuable resource covers all aspects of surgical pathology for every organ and anatomic site, including gross examination and dissection; microscopic diagnosis of medical as well as surgical diseases; tumor classification; and tumor staging. Separate chapters are devoted to ancillary surgical pathology techniques, including immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence microscopy, electron microscopy, frozen section diagnosis, flow cytometry, DNA and RNA based molecular methods, and imaging technologies.
A companion Website offers the fully searchable text plus an image bank of more than 2700 figures.
- NEW 150 new color images, for a total of 2700 color images
- NEW chapter on benign non-neoplastic diseases of the kidney needs to be added
- NEW clinico-pathologic entities and new diagnostic variants/patterns of disease will be added
- NEW figure 29.3 depicting the new Gleason diagram, replacing the out-of-date one
- NEW immunostains will be cited in the chapters, where accepted as useful
- NEW molecular genetic pathology information will be given, in those chapters where useful for practical diagnostic purposes
- NEW section on the retroperitoneum will be added to the Chapter on SOFT TISSUE
- Updated TNM Staging (changes to 43 tables and figures)
- Eminently qualified author group
- Practical manual covering the handling, diagnosis, and reporting of the pathologic findings in tissue samples
- Utilizes established Washington Manual approach
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!