- Stacey E Mills University of Virginia Health Sciences Department of Pathology
A strong grounding in basic histology is essential for all pathologists. However, there had always been a gap between histology and pathology in which histologic information specifically for the pathologist was often lacking. Histology for Pathologists deals with the microscopic features of normal human tissues, from the perspective of the surgical pathologist. This is the only text that uses human (vs. animal) tissues for the histology. It is the best reference in the literature for information on normal histology, and, as such, is essential for all clinical pathologists. Written by pathologists for pathologists, the new edition will update the pathologist’s understanding of normal histology up to date with the incremental advances made in the last five years. The 3rd edition has become a “classic” purchased by virtually all residents beginning their pathology training, as well as pathologists in practice. The 4th edition will build on that substantial foundation. The table of contents will remain essentially the same with the exception of some changes in authorship.
- NEW 20% new illustrations
- NEW bring understanding of normal histology up to date with the incremental advances made in the last five years
- NEW Changes from the 3rd edition will be incremental and based primarily on changes in understanding of normal (as opposed to pathologic)
- NEW continue to improve the figures, substitute color for as many of the remaining B&W figures as possible
- NEW Solution Site with image bank will be included
- Bridges gap between histology and pathology (for pathologists)
- In-depth coverage of normal histology for all organs/tissues is unique in the literature
- Single-source reference for all body organ histology
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!