- Thomas L Lemke PhD Professor Emeritus, College of Pharmacy, University of Houston, Houston, TX
- Victoria F Roche PhD Senior Associate Dean, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- S. William Zito PhD Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St. John’s University, Jamaica, NY
With its Student Workbook CD-ROM and new case studies, the Fifth Edition of this acclaimed self-paced review enables you to master the principles and applications of organic functional groups. Moreover, it prepares you for the required pharmacy courses in medicinal chemistry by thoroughly covering nomenclature, physical properties, chemical properties, and metabolism. As you progress through the text, you’ll develop such important skills as drawing chemical structures and predicting the solubility, instabilities, and metabolism of each organic functional group.
- NEW! Clinical Cases to provide relevance. Two case studies have been added to each chapter from Chapters 5 through 18. These case studies sharpen your skills by asking you to progressively apply your knowledge of organic functional groups to solve clinical and drug product problems. You’ll find clear, detailed answers to these case studies on the Student Workbook CD-ROM.
- Outlines functional groups common to organic chemistry, reviews general topics of nomenclature, physical and chemical properties and metabolism.
- Contains a chapter reviewing heterocyclic nomenclature, characteristic physical chemical properties, and predictable metabolism.
- NEW! Boldface key terms appear throughout the text and are defined in the glossary.
- NEW! Learning objectives listed in Appendix D guide your studies by explaining the skills you’ll master upon successfully completing the text, including its case studies and problem sets.
- An appendix on general drug metabolism is included that acts as an introduction to more in-depth coverage found in medicinal chemistry texts like Lemke/Williams, Foye’s Principles of Medicinal Chemistry and Beale/Block, Wilson and Gisvold’s Textbook of Organic Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!