- William D McArdle BS, M.Ed, PhD Professor Emeritus, Department of Family, Nutrition, and Exercise Science, Queens College of the City University of New York, Flushing, NY
- Frank I Katch Retired Professor of Exercise Science, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
- Victor L Katch Professor, Department of Movement Science, Division of Kinesiology, Associate Professor, Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
Essentials of Exercise Physiology offers a compact version of the Seventh Edition of the bestselling Exercise Physiology: Nutrition, Energy, and Human Performance, making it ideal for introductory undergraduate courses. As students progress through the text, they will develop a deep understanding of the interrelationships among energy intake, energy transfer during exercise, and the physiologic systems that support energy transfer. Moreover, they will discover how to apply what they have learned to enhance exercise training, athletic performance, and health.
Based on feedback from students and instructors, this Fourth Edition offers new organization, content, and features while maintaining its hallmark pedagogy, writing style, graphics, and flow charts. The new organization makes it easier to cover the text in a one-semester course and adapt materials to diverse interests. Plus, each section has undergone a major revision, offering readers coverage of new and emerging topics in exercise physiology as well as the latest research findings.
- NEW! More than 35 animations of key exercise physiology concepts selected by reviewers are available on the companion website.
- Questions & Notes provide an integrated workbook feature, focusing on important questions related to material presented in the text
- Close Up boxes focus on timely exercise, sport, and clinical topics in exercise physiology relating to chapter content, providing practical applications to related topics of interest
- Chapter Objectives help students focus on and retain key, crucial topics presented in the chapter
- For Your Information boxes highlight key information about different exercise physiology areas, making them relevant to student learning
- Chapter Summaries ensure students have mastered the material presented in each chapter
- Thought Questions at the end of each section encourage integrative, critical thinking to help students apply information in the chapter or to help instructors stimulate discussion in the classroom
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!