- Juan C Troncoso MD Professor, Department of Pathology and Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Ana Rubio MD, PhD Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology, Neuropathology, and Forensic Pathology, Assistant Medical Examiner, State of Maryland Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Baltimore, MD
- David R Fowler MB, ChB Board Certified in Anatomic Pathology and Forensic Pathology, Chief Medical Examiner, State of Maryland Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, Baltimore, MD
This book is written for pathologists and trainees in forensic pathology and neuropathology who will have to conduct forensic neuropathology autopsies. It will provide them with the basic knowledge to conduct a thorough postmortem examination of the nervous system, describe and document the relevant pathological changes, and interpret these findings in a way that will be helpful in determining the cause and manner of death. Great importance will be placed on the objective and rigorous documentation of the pathological findings, because many of these autopsy reports will be re-examined in the context of legal inquiries and proceedings.
A companion Website will offer the fully searchable text, an image bank, and additional e-figures.
- Combination of solid text and extensive illustrations from a first-rate institution
- Case-based approach makes the book more “real world” for the trainee and practitioner
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!