- Bruce M. Carlson, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology; Director, Institute of Gerontology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
This thoroughly revised 4th edition offers both clear descriptions and explanations of human embryonic development based on all the most up-to-date scientific discoveries and understanding. Particular attention is paid to the fundamental aspects of molecular mechanisms in development, introducing you to major families of important developmental molecules. Clinical aspects of development are covered throughout in boxed sections of text. First-rate illustrations and Student Consult access, including online animations, complete this essential package.
New to This Edition
- Provides more coverage of molecular development to help you interpret complex information.
- Helps you to understand the full 3-D development of the embryo and the shapes of the developing forms using detailed animations on Student Consult.
- Revises the section on the development of the head, particularly useful for dental students.
- Integrates contemporary developmental knowledge with classical embryological understanding.
- Interprets complex molecular developments, to help you learn how exactly the embryo develops.
- Presents first-rate clinical photos and clear drawings, to help you to memorize and understand normal and abnormal development.
- Uses clear sections within the chapter and summaries at the end of each to help you navigate this complex subject.
- Includes review questions at the end of each chapter to help you assess your knowledge.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!