- Elizabeth A Montgomery MD Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD
- Lysandra Voltaggio MD George Washington University Hospital, Washington, DC
Gastrointestinal mucosal biopsies are an active part of the pathologist’s day and have increased in the past few years as endoscopic screening has become more commonplace. This new full-color Second Edition of Biopsy Interpretation of the Gastrointestinal Tract Mucosa has been expanded into two concise, comprehensive volumes to offer more complete coverage of both non-neoplastic and neoplastic entities. Like the other books in the Biopsy Interpretation Series, these volumes are practical references for pathologists to use when making diagnostic decisions based on biopsy specimens.
Volume 2 of this Second Edition focuses on interpretation of neoplastic gastrointestinal mucosal biopsies. Coverage is geared to daily practice and includes mucosal biopsies from the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine, and anus. A companion website will include all of the 300 print illustrations plus an additional 750 e-figures.
Volume 1 focuses on non-neoplastic biopsies and published in November 2011.
- First edition now divided into two separate volumes: non-neoplastic and neoplastic entities
- Both volumes are now in full color; previous edition was black and white with full-color insert
- The overall result is more complete coverage of entities left out of the first edition
- A practical guide and bench reference for the interpretation of neoplastic gastrointestinal mucosal biopsies
- Addresses both common and unusual issues that arise in the day-to-day interpretation of these biopsies
- Companion website will include all of the 300 print illustrations plus an additional 750 e-figures as well as a test bank
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!