- Bruce M. Koeppen, MD, PhD, Dean, Academic Affairs, Albert and Wilda Van Dusen Professor of Academic Medicine, Professor of Medicine and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT
- Bruce A. Stanton, PhD, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology, and of Physiology, Andrew C. Vail Memorial Professor, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH
The Mosby Physiology Monograph SeriesRenal Physiology, 5th Edition helps you to quickly and easily grasp the fundamentals of renal physiology and learn how to apply them in a clinical context. Thoroughly updated, this medical reference book in the Mosby Physiology Monograph Series provides a basic understanding of normal kidney function at the cellular and molecular level. Attractively illustrated with clear 2-color diagrams, it also facilitates study with learning objectives, “In the Clinic” and “At the Molecular Level” boxes, chapter summaries, and clinical cases with review questions and explained answers. Online access at www.StudentConsult.com makes this an even more accessible powerful learning resource.
New to This Edition
- Revise and update the content of all chapters
- Revise and update the figures (perhaps 10% new figures, replacing old figures)
- Revise and update the Appendices (notably the test questions, which we think should be reorganized by chapter-students always ask us for more questions-so we will increase by 50 questions).
- Eliminate key words at the end of chapters and replace them with “clinical pearls”, i.e., esstential points that have a
- clinical relevance
- Review and revise the clinical cases (we will run them by our clinical colleagues)
- Label the inserts clinical and basic science like we do in B&L.
- Stay current with clear, accurate coverage of the physiology of normal renal function focusing on the needs of the student.
- Bridge the gap between normal function and disease with pathophysiology content throughout the book.
- Understand complex concepts by examining more than more than 250 clear, 2-color diagrams.
- Consult the book and image library online at www.StudentConsult.com, anywhere you go … perform quick searches … add your own notes and bookmarks … follow Integration Links to related bonus content from other Student Consult titles to help you see the connections between diverse disciplines … and more!
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!