- Marjorie C Willis CMA-AC Program Director, Medical Assisting/Medical Transcription Programs, Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA
With this powerful resource, you will master the intricacies of applied medical terminology through the real-world context of the medical record, which will teach you exactly how terms are used in clinical practice settings.
A preview of what you’ll find in this edition:
—Four-color design that features rich diagrams and illustrations to enhance comprehension
—Bonus CD that includes Stedman’s audio pronunciations, and student assessments that provide reinforcement in a fun way while evaluating learning chapter by chapter. Quizzes provide scored results, and can be taken one section at a time within a chapter or as complete chapter exams.
—Free LiveAdvise tutoring and course assistance—both students and instructors can access live online help from a Medical Terminology educator that is intimately familiar with the text and its ancillaries
—Each chapter of the text includes features that enhance the learning experience, such as:
- “Ancient Artifacts” boxes that cover the historical background of commonly used terms
- Practice exercises that test comprehension and retention
- Medical Record Analyses that challenge students with scenarios and questions related to real-world experience
- Links to helpful online resources
—Valuable appendices that explore term components, abbreviations, symbols, answers to exercises and a listing of commonly used drugs
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!