- Charlotte Creason RHIA Program Chair, Health Information Technology, Tyler Junior College, Tyler, TX
Lead your students to success with the name you trust! Stedman’s Medical Terminology: Steps to Success in Medical Language is a mid-level medical terminology text perfect for instructors looking for minimal coverage of anatomy and physiology and plenty of hands-on exercises to reinforce learning. Each chapter alternates between term presentation and exercises to ensure that students can apply what they have learned immediately.
Throughout the text, exercises progress in a meaningful way, from recall and review, to word building, to comprehension, and finally to application and analysis through the use of “real-world” case study and medical record exercises. This approach allows the student to actively see their knowledge building and to connect what they are learning to real-life context. A robust, realistic, and relevant art program enhances the text, especially for visual learners.
A full suite of ancillaries, including videos and animations, is available for both students and instructors.
- Simple, straightforward writing style ensures that students more easily comprehend medical terminology.
- Focus on term components and word building provides students with the knowledge and skills needed to break down and understand difficult medical terms.
- A variety of exercise types keep the student engaged and build throughout the chapter, progressing from recall, to word building, to comprehension, and on to application and analysis; icons throughout the text identify each exercise’s position in this progression.
- The exercises emphasize real-world context: case studies place the student in true-to-life situations, and authentic medical records allow the student to experience medical terminology as it is used in the health care setting.
- Includes thorough coverage of key areas of terminology, including pharmacology terms in each of the Body Systems chapters, plus a separate chapter on oncology.
- A 16-page full-color Stedman’s anatomy atlas serves as an easy anatomy reference.
- Robust ancillary program enhances the learning and teaching process for both students and instructors.
- Includes a starter set of printed flashcards to make studying a breeze.
- Available Premium Online Course
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!