- Michael E Winter PharmD Professor Emeritus, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Basic Clinical Pharmacokinetics was designed to simplify pharmacokinetics to help pharmacy students in clinical settings and busy practitioners understand and visualize basic principles. An easy-to-read, case-study format has made the text a favorite among students, clinical professors, and practitioners.
Part I provides a basic review of pharmacokinetic principles, with extensive explanations, graphic illustrations, and detailed algorithms. Part II explains the clinical applications of these principles to problems commonly encountered in the practice setting with specific drugs. This edition includes the latest information on the clinical use of serum drug concentrations. New case studies and examples demonstrate the application of pharmacokinetics in today’s clinical practice.
- NEW! The latest information on the clinical use of serum drug concentrations (Part II)
- NEW! New case studies and examples that demonstrate the application of pharmacokinetics in today’s clinical practice
- NEW! New appendix (Appendix I) provides goals and objectives for the text
- NEW! Highlight color added to reinforce key concepts in artwork and heighten book’s visual appeal
- Part I provides a basic review of pharmacokinetic principles.
- Part II illustrates the clinical application of pharmacokinetics to specific drugs through the presentation and solution of common clinical problems.
- Extensive explanations, graphic illustrations and detailed algorithms teach the basic principles in Part I.
- Presentations and solutions to problems commonly encountered in the practice setting for specific drugs are discussed in Part II.
- Cases and examples are incorporated in the chapters in Part II to further expand upon and exemplify the use of pharmacokinetics in clinical practice.
- Appendices provide commonly used equations and a glossary of pharmacokinetics.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!