- Robert S Beardsley PhD, RPh Professor and Associate Dean, School of Pharmacy, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- Carole L Kimberlin PhD Professor, Pharmacy Health Care Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- William N Tindall PhD, RPh Professor, Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine, Wright State University, Dayton, OH
Communication Skills in Pharmacy Practice helps pharmacy and pharmacy technician students learn the principles, skills, and practices that are the foundation for clear communication and the essential development of trust with future patients. This text’s logical organization guides students from theory and basic principles to practical skills development to the application of those skills in everyday encounters. Sample dialogues show students how to effectively communicate, and practical exercises fine tune their communication skills in dealing with a variety of sensitive situations that arise in pharmacy practice.
- Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technician Instructor’s Manuals available on the textbook’s thePoint site help faculty administer and deliver their courses
- Chapter on medication safety and communication skills (Chapter 9) offers strategies to reduce medication errors and protect patient safety.
- Chapter on electronic communication in healthcare (Chapter 13) provides guidelines to avoid common misunderstandings via email and the Internet.
- Expanded coverage of communication skills and interprofessional collaboration (Chapter 12) helps students learn how to effectively interact with other members of the healthcare team.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter allow students to gauge their understanding of the subject.
- Case Studies give students the opportunity to apply concepts that they have learned to realistic scenarios.
- Additional pedagogical features such as overviews, boxed content, and summaries highlight important relationships between concepts and aid in comprehension and retention of vital information.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!