- Karen Rascati PharmD, PhD
This new text is designed for a student or practitioner who is unfamiliar with “pharmacoeconomics.” It provides a straightforward explanation of the essential pharmacoeconomics topics outlined by The Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). It defines terminology used in research and covers the application of economic-based evaluation methods for pharmaceutical products and services. Readers will find examples of how pharmacoeconomic evaluations relate to decisions that affect patient care and health-related quality of life.
- Composite research articles that incorporate the positive and negative aspects found in a mix of real research articles. (Although topics are taken from actual articles, methods and data have been changed to illustrate points made in the chapter. All medication names in these composite articles are fictitious.
- Composite Worksheets help students work through the article they just read.
- Examplesprovide added information or illustrations from the literature about the chapter topic and reinforce chapter concepts. At least one example is provided for each chapter.
- Questions/Exercises are included at the end of each chapter so that readers can assess their understanding of key concepts. Answers to these problems can be found on the instructor’s area of thepoint.
- Equationsare included when applicable, and multiple example calculations using these equations are provided.
- Summaries are provided to highlight the main points of each chapter.
- References and Suggested Readings at the end of each chapter provide resources available to the reader for further study on the chapter topic.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!