- Alan Stevens, MBBS, FRCPath, Senior Lecturer in Pathology, University of Nottingham Medical School and Honorary Consultant Pathologist, Queen’s Medical Centre, University Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK;
- James S. Lowe, BMedSci, BMBS, DM, FRCPath, Professor of Neuropathology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Honorary Consultant Pathologist, Queen’s Medical Centre, University Hospital NHS Trust, Nottingham, UK
- Ian Scott, BSC(Hons), MBBS, MD, DPhil, FRCPath
The new edition of this text helps you make the most of your study time by focusing on only the core basics of pathology needed for course work or exams…while avoiding extraneous details. Nearly 800 full-color, generously sized clear illustrations help bring the subject to life and aid in memorization. User-friendly features-including clinical correlation and differential diagnosis boxes-help make the material more relevant, while an increased emphasis on clinical medicine and a new self-assessment section prepare you for real-life practice. Your purchase of this book entitles you to access www.studentconsult.com at no extra charge. This innovative web site offers you an interactive center with a wealth of additional resources.
New to This Edition
- Provides differential diagnosis boxes that help you link symptoms and signs to diseases and back to basic pathology principles.
- Features access to Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com, where you’ll find a virtual microscope feature that enables you to see the microscopic pathological images you are likely to view in the lab . USMLE-style questions . “Integration Links” to bonus content in other Student Consult titles . and much more.
- Offers Evolve website access for instructors where they will find more images and an additional 150 multiple-choice questions .
- Focuses on only the core pathology that you need to know so you can make the most of your time in the classroom, and of your study time in preparing for exams.
- Presents nearly 800 full-color, generously sized illustrations that help you visualize pathologic processes and enhance memorization.
- Includes a self-assessment section that helps to prepare you for real-life practice.
- Uses clinical correlation boxes to help you apply basic pathology principles to real-life medicine.
- Features advanced concept boxes that enable you to review separate summaries of higher-level information without taking away from your study of the basics.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!