- Walter F. Boron, MD, PhD, Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- Emile L. Boulpaep, MD, Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
Highly Commended at 2012 BMA awards in Basic and Clinical Sciences Category.
Medical Physiology, in its updated 2nd edition, firmly relates molecular and cellular biology to the study of human physiology and disease. Drs. Walter Boron and Emile Boulpaep and a team of leading physiologists present you with practical, accurate coverage, continually emphasizing the clinical implications of the material. Each chapter explains the principles and organization of each body system, while more than 1400 high-quality, full-color line drawings and prominently featured clinical examples clarify every concept. This exceptionally detailed and comprehensive guide to physiology is ideal for a rich, straightforward, state-of-the-art understanding of this essential subject.
New to This Edition
- Get up-to-date coverage of physiology with updated text and figures.
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.StudentConsult.com, along with Webnotes, Image Bank, 150 Self-assessment questions, and 10 physiology animations.
- Stay current thanks to updated material, including a new chapter on Physiology of Aging and a new section on hemostasis.
- Gain a clear visual understanding with a revised and updated art program of high-quality, full color line drawings and prominently featured clinical examples.
- Quickly review important content using prominent boxes included throughout the text to provide clinical examples of disordered physiology.
- Master difficult concepts with the use of 800 color drawings that feature balloon captions explaining key processes.
- Find information easily with the intuitive organization by body system and consistent style.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!