- Jeannette Naish, MBBS, MSc, FRCGP, Senior Lecturer, Department of General Practice and Primary Care, Queen Mary’s School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK;
- Patricia Revest, MBCHB, BA, PHD, Head of Educational Technology, Lecturer in Neurophysiology, Neuroscience Section, Queen Mary and Westfield College, London, UK
- Denise Syndercombe Court, MIBiol, CBiol, FIBMS, DMedT, PhD, Lecturer, Department of Haematology, St Bartholomew’s & the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, UK
Worldwide, undergraduate medical curricula are moving towards integration of basic medical and clinical sciences to enhance student understanding of how the basic sciences underpin clinical medicine. Recent rapid progress made in the understanding of cellular mechanisms and genomics, together with developments in technical clinical procedures, means that the amount of factual knowledge required for the effective practice of medicine can be overwhelming for the undergraduate. Understanding and synthesis of this knowledge is essential for effective application to the practice of clinical medicine. The team of clinical and scientific experts on this book integrates information from the diverse branches of medical science (such as cellular biochemistry, anatomy, physiology and genetics) with clinical examples to illustrate how dysfunction leads to disease.
- First textbook of its kind, designed to complement Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine by covering the basic sciences in a clinical context.
- Reflects undergraduate medical curricula changes, particularly in the UK, which have significantly reduced the amount of time students spend learning the basics sciences.
- Mirrors the current integrated approach to teaching the basic sciences (anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pharmacology, general pathology) and provides all the student needs to know about these subjects in one textbook.
- Perfect introductory text for graduate medical students without a science background.
- Presentation, layout and design a mirror of Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine
- Market: medical students and other students of the healthcare professions needing the basic sciences in an integrated, clinical context.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!