- Robert I. Norman, BSc, PhD, Senior Lecturer in Medical Biochemistry, Department of Medicine, University of Leicester, UK;
- David Lodwick, BSc, PhD, Lecturer in Medical Biology, Department of Medicine, University of Leicester, UK
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. THE FLESH AND BONES OF MEDICAL CELL BIOLOGY presents a concise, accessible account of medical cell biology. This title covers all the key concepts med students need with no gaps. It can be used either as an introduction to a topic, or as a revision aid. In Section 1, The Big Picture overview gives a descriptive overview of a subject. In the High Yield section, 50 fundamental principles underlying a subject are set out. These 50 principles are expanded into double-page spreads in the ‘Fleshed Out’ section where double-page explanations of the key principles clearly convey what medical students need to know. Difficult concepts are depicted by cartoon-strip illustrations, which enable rapid understanding and assimilation of information.
- Big Picture Section – enables readers to relate detail to the subject as a whole
- High Return Facts – prevents students from having large gaps in their knowledge. Can be used as a revision tool. Reinforces the major points.
- Cartoon-strip illustrations – enable students to visualize difficult concepts in a step-by-step format. Allow information to be chunked into student-friendly sizes.
- Double-page overviews – students can read summary of topic without cross-referencing to other pages. All laid out on one spread.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!