- Samuel Webster, Lecturer in Anatomy & Embryology, College of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, UK
- Rhiannon de Wreede, Honorary Lecturer, College of Medicine, Swansea University, Swansea, UK
This brand new title provides a highly illustrated introduction to key embryological concepts, with concise, memorable descriptions of major embryological developments.
Embryology at a Glance introduces the basic principles of human development, from mitosis and meiosis, and walks you through the primary formation of each body system, with coverage of the continued development of the respiratory and vascular systems during the foetal and neonatal periods.
Fully geared towards the medical school curriculum, the coverage of major steps in human development allows a better understanding of adult anatomy, development-associated conditions, congenital abnormalities and their treatments.
Embryology at a Glance:
- Features full colour photographs and illustrations, including 3-dimensional illustrations where appropriate, and full labels
- Offers ‘one-stop’ coverage of the skeletal, muscular, circulatory, respiratory, nervous, reproductive, urinary, endocrine and digestive systems
- Highlights clinical correlations throughout
- Includes timelines so you won’t lose sight of the temporal aspect of embryology
- Includes Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Extended Matching questions (EMQs) for revision and review
A companion website with links to the Dr Webster’s embryological and anatomical podcasts is available at:www.wiley.com/go/embryology
The clear, descriptive diagrams characteristic of the at a Glance series will help all medical students and health professionals develop an understanding of human development and its implications for clinical practice.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!